Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Perusing My Old Drawing Books


This seemed like a good afternoon to
take some of my old drawing books out of
their special storage box
and browse through them...
I was joined by my cat, Brody.

Looking back, while I was living in Boston,
I kept a visual journal of my city
experiences with my pen & ink and
watercolors. Every day my drawing book came along
with me wherever I went
just as my camera is with me these days!


Brody has taken a great interest in my old drawing books
and has seemed to claim the ones
of Marblehead below.


The summer before I moved to Marblehead,
a friend who knew how much I wanted to live
near the sea would drive up to the North Shore
of Boston with me to help me find a place to rent...
visiting Rockport, Lanesville, Gloucester,
Magnolia and Marblehead and capturing each place
in my drawing books. At the time I really didn't know
where I would end up or how I was to survive as a
young starving artist!

To be continued....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Nancy, I have a red cat too named Bob, but I have no sketchings; I was a dancer and I cannot draw at all. So lovely to start up this adventure.
Be well and enjoy
Godeliva